Sunday, March 23, 2014

Carpe Diem #428, Mandara-ji (temple 72)



Dear O-Henro .... Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Today I have launched a new feature as you can find in the menu above. I have called it "Ghost-Writer" and in that new feature I invite haiku kai family-members to write a post. We will see if that's gonna work.

Today we enter temple 72, Mandara-ji, this temple is devoted to Vairocana, the embodiment of the Buddhist principle Emptiness, and he is refered to as the Buddha, Siddhartha Gautama.
Vairocana is first mentioned in the Brahma Net Sutra:

“Now, I, Vairocana Buddha am sitting atop a lotus pedestal; On a thousand flowers surrounding me are a thousand Sakyamuni Buddha’s. Each flower supports a hundred million worlds; in each world a Sakyamuni Buddha appears. All are seated beneath a Bodhi-tree, all simultaneously attain Buddhahood. All these innumerable Buddha’s have Vairocana as their original body".



Vairocana Buddha

What to say more? I just thought to leave it this way. We are still on our pilgrimage and the end is coming nearer ... 

an empty bowl,
lost on the street, toy for the wind,
home for a todd


(c) Chèvrefeuille

To conclude this episode I love to share a photo of Mandara-ji temple.


Mandara-ji (temple 72)
This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until March 26th 11.59 AM (CET). We will travel on to temple 75, Zentsu-ji, in the birth-town of Kobo Daishi. I will try to post that episode today around 7.00 PM (CET).


No comments:

Post a Comment