Friday, March 28, 2014

Carpe Diem #432, shido-ji (temple 86)



Dear O-Henro ... Haijin, visitors and travelers,

First this: Thank you all for the congratulations shared with me and my family with the birth of our (7th) grandchild, Myron. My daughter and Myron are both well and they have left the hospital today.

It's almost over this pilgrimage along the 88 temples on Shikoku Island in which we have trod in the footsteps of Kobo Daishi (774-835) one of the founders of Shingon-sect of Buddhism. We have visited a lot of temples and we have gotten more knowledge of Buddhism ... and as I stated in our yesterday's post about The Way of St. James, I think this pilgrimage has transformed us all.
I have read wonderful haiku, senryu, tanka, kyoka and haibun, but I am also glad that these months are almost over, because it was a challenge to write an every day post about the temples and Buddhism.
As I was preparing this new episode I watched the prompt-list again of this month and I realized that I had forgotten March 31th. So after this episode we have another two episodes to go. In those episodes I will visit the last two temples and I will share the last two themes of the State of Zen of Haiku.
Our last two days, March 30th and 31th, we will visit respectively temple 87 and 88 (Nagao-ji and Okubo-ji) sorry for this little change in our prompt-list of March.

For this episode I will only share a photo of Shido-ji temple for your inspiration and I hope that photo will give enough inspiration. By the way the name Shido-ji means Temple of fulfilling One's Wish.

Shido-ji (temple 86)

pilgrimage's end in sight
just one wish left to fulfill
to be Enlightened

(c) Chèvrefeuille

I hope this episode will give you all enough inspiration to write haiku. This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until March 31th 11.59 AM (CET).
Our next stop will be temple 87, Nagao-ji, and in that episode I will share another theme of the State of Zen of Haiku ... LOVE.


1 comment:

  1. This seems to me like one of your best Haiku.

    ReplyDelete