Thursday, March 27, 2014

Carpe Diem #431, Negoro-ji (temple 82) & Yashima-ji (temple 84)



Dear O-Henro ... Haijin, visitors and travelers,

As you all could have read in the small post of yesterday I have become a granddad (again). Our youngest daughter has given birth to her first born, a baby-boy named Myron. I couldn't post the episode of Negoro-ji and Yashima-ji on time, so I have chosen to do both temples in one post. I hope you don't mind that.
We are almost at the end of our pilgrimages on Shikoku Island and in the Northern region of Spain and then we will enter a new month full of exciting 'modern' kigo (seasonwords) for spring and of course we will have our first week of "Ghost-Writing". All family-members whom I had invited to be 'ghost-writer', have accepted my invitation. So in week 15 (April 7th until April 11th) we will have posts written by (respectively) Jules (April 7th), Managua (April 8th), Ese (April 9th), Belinda (April 10th) and Bjorn (April 11th). I am looking forward to this week and the posts they will write for our Haiku Kai.

Well ... let us go on with our Shikoku Pilgrimage along the 88 temples on the Japanese Island Shikoku. As I wrote above we will visit two temples on this trail today and I hope those temples will inspire you to write nice haiku. This time I have chosen to just give a photo of the temple for your inspiration ... so have fun ...

Negoro-ji (temple 82) devoted to Senju Kannon

a challenge
walking the path to Enlightenment -
poppies bow their head

(c) Chèvrefeuille

And here a photograph of Yashima-ji (temple 84) devoted also to Senju Kannon, the boddhisattva of compassion, as we have seen earlier on our pilgrimage. (The Far Eastern equivalent of the Virgin Mary).

Yashima-ji (temple 84) also devoted to Senju Kannon

full of compassion
she bows her head to Guanyin
the Virgin Mary

(c) Chèvrefeuille

I hope these photos and haiku give you all enough inspiration to write a haiku, senryu, tanka, kyoka or haibun in response on this post. By the way I have tried to write a haiku in response on the birth of my grandson Myron, but I didn't succeed right ... but I will sure share that haiku with you all. Thank you all for the congratulations given in rsponse of the birth of my grandson.
This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until March 30th 11.59 AM (CET). I wil try to post our new episode, that will be the last Special about The Way of St. James, later on today.



3 comments:

  1. Dear Kristjaan i am so happy on hearing the good news of a new baby in your family, God bless grandpa and Myron and wishes for much love in your family circle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Gillena, thank you for these kind words. My daughter and her first born are both oke and they may leave the hospital today. Thank you for your blessings and congratulations.

    Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations and many blessings on the birth of your grandson, Kris!

    ReplyDelete