Friday, June 3, 2016

Carpe Diem Tan Renga Challenge #101 "first autumn morning" by Murakami Kijo


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a new (weekly) Carpe Diem Tan Renga Challenge. After a whole month of Tan Renga Challenges, we will go on with Tan Renga Challenges on Fridays, as promised. As I started with CDHK I did this every Friday and that's a nice tradition which is worth to be back. So this week I have a nice "hokku" by Murakami Kijo (1865-1938).

I will tell you how this works. You have to add a second stanza of two lines (aprox. 7-7 syllables) associated on the scene in the hokku.

Here is the "hokku" of this Tan Renga Challenge:

First autumn morning
the mirror I stare into
shows my father's face.

© Murakami Kijo*

*) Kijo Murakami (1865-1938). Murakami Kijo, the Haiku poet, was born in Edo in 1865, and moved to Takasaki city in 1873. He was in sympathy with Masaoka Shiki and joined his group to publish the first edition of 'Hototogisu', the famous Haiku magazine. He published the collection of Kijo in 1917. He was a highly esteemed poet both within the prefecture and nationally. He died on September 17th, 1938 at the age of 73.

the mirror I stare in
And now it is up to you to add the second stanza to this "hokku" to create / complete the Tan Renga. Have fun.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until next Friday at noon (CET).


1 comment:

  1. Tan Renga Challenge #101:

    first autumn morning
    the mirror I stare into
    shows my father's face Murakami Kijo

    the blue gentian will be blue
    it's self always in the seed Joyce Lorenson

    ReplyDelete