Monday, June 13, 2016

Carpe Diem CD-special #210 Joyce Lorenson's 2nd "butterfly wings"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,
 
Welcome at our second Carpe Diem Special in which I introduce the beauty of the haiku of Joyce Lorenson, our winner of the 'New Life'-kukai. Today I have another beautiful haiku for you. Joyce wrote this one recently in response on our Cyprus episode:
 
warm currents
the Green Headed turtles
returning to Chelonia Beach
 
© Joyce Lorenson
 
A little while ago Joyce emailed me her haiku for her exclusive CDHK E-book and I love to share alreadya haiku from that E-book, as a kind of teaser:
 
 
 
 
buddleia
the brush of
butterfly wings
 
© Joyce Lorenson
A beauty don't you think so too? I hope to have Joyce's E-book ready this week. I will keep you all posted.
 
As you all know the goal of the CD-Special is to try to create a new haiku in the same tone, sense and spirit as the given one. So .... have fun!
 
This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until June 18th at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our new episode, Estonia, later on.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Now that's a gorgeous prompt to work with. Butterflies and buddleia are a wonderful sight in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kim, for your compliment. It is rewarding to have my poem chosen and enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete