Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Carpe Diem #1019 compassion


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Another day in haiku paradise, no Tokubetsudesu episode today, but just a regular one. So we are going on with our month full of inspirational quotes by known and unknown people. The Power of Words we can not underestimate.

Today I have a very inspirational quote by one of the most important South African statesman, Nelson Mandela (1918-2013).

Nelson Mandela
Nelson Mandela had charisma and there are a lot of wonderful quotes by him, but the one I have selected today is (in my opinion) one of his most beautiful quotes. I hope this quote by Mandela will inspire you to create haiku, tanka or another Japanese poetry form.

[...] "Our human compassion binds us the one to the other - not in pity or patronizingly, but as human beings who have learnt how to turn our common suffering into hope for the future." [...] Nelson Mandela
And this is my haiku inspired on this quote:

swans couple
cherish their youngsters
bright new day


© Chèvrefeuille

Not as strong as I had hoped, but I think in this haiku the essence of the quote is caught.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until August 15th at noon (CET). Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment