Thursday, August 11, 2016

Carpe Diem # 1020 rainbow


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a new (belated) episode of Carpe Diem Haiku Kai, a daily haiku-meme and the place to be if you like to create and share haiku (or tanka). This month it's all about "the power of words" so all our prompts are quotes by known and unknown people around the globe.

Today I love to inspire you with a quote by the African-American poetess Maya Angelou (1928-2014). I hadn't heard from her, but as I was doing my research for this episode I ran into a beautiful quote.

Maya Angelou knew why the caged bird sings, because, as a young girl, she was that caged bird. She escaped her cage, however, then sang and soared to amazing heights.
Maya Angelou
I read her biography and I think she really was an amazing woman, and a real great and gifted poetess. Here is the quote I have chosen for your inspiration:

[…]“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”[…] Maya Angelou

A beautiful quote and this is what it brought me for inspiration:

behind clouds
the bright sun hides her face
spraying colors
© Chèvrefeuille

And here one from my archives which I think it fits the quote:


bridge to heaven
walking upon the colorful bow
towards eternity


© Chèvrefeuille

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until August 16th at noon (CET).

1 comment:

  1. Carpe Diem Challenge # 1020 Rainbow:

    summer sky
    children making rainbows
    with the garden hose

    ReplyDelete