Sunday, August 7, 2016

Carpe Diem Theme Week (6) 2 Utabukuro Jane Reichhold


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

With Jane Reichhold's passing away we have lost our Queen of Haiku (and tanka and renga). I am still in shock and it makes me sad to become more aware of her passing away. This Theme Week is a tribute to Jane and today I love to ask you to share your favorite haiku by Jane Reichhold and write an all new haiku, tanka or other Japanese poetry form to honor her.

As I started Carpe Diem Haiku Kai back in October 2012 I had read only a few haiku by her and I didn't realize that time how important she was for the haiku world and me. In 2013 I honored her with a series of Carpe Diem Specials and the months following Jane and I became close friends and she became the host of our special feature "Ask Jane".
During the existence of Carpe Diem I have used a lot of her haiku, tanka, renga and her knowledge to improve your haiku writing skills. I am so grateful that Jane not only meant a lot to me but also to several others of our haiku loving family.

Here is one of my favorite haiku written by Jane:

raising his foot
a crane scatters stars
sunk in the pond


© Jane Reichhold

Cranes
The Crane stands for 1000 years or an eternity and I think this is very suitable for this tribute for Jane Reichhold. The Queen of Haiku will be remembered for an eternity ... for ever.

And with my haiku I love to share my thoughts on that eternity:

thousand thoughts a day
while writing haiku for the world -
the cries of a White Cranes

© Chèvrefeuille

Jane Reichhold Rest In Peace I will cherish your friendship and love forever.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until August 12th at noon (CET). Please honor Jane Reichhold through sharing your favorite haiku written by her.

2 comments:

  1. Carpe Diem 2 Utabukuro Jane Reichhold:

    inspiration haiku by Jane:

    romance
    in a humdrum life
    the orchid

    my haiku:

    spirits lifted
    by the kitchen sink
    amaryllis bulb sprouting

    ReplyDelete