Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Carpe Diem #1027 movement


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a new episode of our daily haiku meme Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. This month its all about "the power of words". I try to inspire you through quotes by known and unknown people. For today I have (how immodest) a quote by myself. Maybe you can remember our discussion on "movement in haiku". I introduced "undou" (movement) to you as a "new" haiku writing technique and from one of those posts I have extracted the following quote:

[...] "Haiku is the poetry of nature and nature is always in motion. Seasons come and go, the moon changes every 28 days and so on, the only thing which is steady and without clear motion is our sun, that big star of our Milky Way around which the planets are rotating." [...] Chèvrefeuille, your host

Here is an example of what I call an "undou" haiku:

old pond
frog jumps in
sound of water


© Basho (1644-1694) (Tr. Chèvrefeuille)


Apple Blossom
And one by myself:

apple blossom falls
scattered by the late spring breeze
apple blossom falls

© Chèvrefeuille
I hope I have inspired you with this quote and I am looking forward to your responses.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until August 22nd at noon (CET). Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment