Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Carpe Diem #484, Kissing


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What a lovely month June will be ... we have already had wonderful modern summer kigo, a gorgeous CD Special and a great Ghost-Writer post to become inspired by.
Today we will go on with the exploration of Jane Reichhold's kigo for summer and today that will be kissing. It's another modern kigo for which I ask myself "Why is this a summer kigo?" Kissing is in my opinion of all seasons, but I think that Jane has chosen well. As summer is turning hot the human mind and body are becoming hotter too .... and in a way "hot" is referring to sensuality and sexuality ... so maybe Jane has chosen it well.

Jane gives us the following examples:

kissing
together in a glass
our toothbrushes

desert kisses
hotter
than ever before


Aren't they beautiful. I especially like that first one, because of it's humor ... and in all it's simplicity it's so true. I have never looked at our toothbrushes that way.


Credits: kissing

For my attempt I will try to bring the essence of kissing in my haiku. Here it is:

true love,
exchanging saliva
entangled tongues 

Or what do you think of this one:

kissing
tongues melt together
as one

© Chèvrefeuille

Well ... I hope this modern summer kigo, kissing, will inspire you to compose wonderful and loving haiku. This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until June 7th at noon (CET). I will try to post our new episode, Oneness, later on today. For now ... have fun, be inspired and share your haiku with us all here at CDHK.
!!! Visit also our weekly haiku-meme Haiku Shuukan, where the prompt for this week is gothic !!


1 comment: