Thursday, June 5, 2014

Carpe Diem #485, Oneness


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Another day has gone by and I am preparing our next episode, Oneness, for our daily haiku meme here at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. It's an every day joy to prepare these posts and I am glad that these can and may inspire you all.

Before I go on with our episode of today I love to tell you first something about the up-coming months (July & August). First July, A few days ago I watched an incredible program on Discovery World, Joanna Lumley's Nile, in which Joanna Lumley explores the longest river on earth. As I watched all those wonderful and incredible beautiful places along the Nile I thought "maybe we can make that same journey along the longest river of the Earth, the Nile, with Carpe Diem Haiku Kai". So I will prepare (i hope) a wonderful prompt-list in July.

Credits: The Nile, Egypt

Second, I have read wonderful comments about the music of BrunuhVille and in August in think I will have a whole month with music by BrunuhVille for prompts, as we have done earlier, but I haven't yet decided that.

Back to our episode of today. Today our prompt is 'Oneness' and Jane Reichhold gave the following examples for this modern kigo of summer:

the narrow bed
we breath each other
all afternoon


on bare arms
the noon-day sun melted
hot metal sweet
before the summer storm
rises the close smell
of two skins


© Jane Reichhold

A nice trio of haiku I think ... three completely different haiku too, but I like them all ... and I hope I can write my own 'Oneness'-haiku in that way ...

Credits: Courting Butterflies

almost as one
courting butterflies on poppies -
summer afternoon


© Chèvrefeuille

I hope you do like this haiku inspired on Oneness ... and I hope it will inspire you all to write your own haiku.
This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until June 8th at noon (CET). I will try to post our new episode, Satisfaction, later on today. For now ... have fun!

1 comment:

  1. It is nice to have some quiet amidst the hurry of preparing for summer.
    I have missed being here so will (now that I am recovered ) try to join in regularly.

    ReplyDelete