Friday, June 6, 2014

Carpe Diem #486, Satisfaction


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Let us go on with exploring the modern kigo for summer based on Jane Reichhold's "A Dictionary of Haiku". Today our prompt is satisfaction and the first thing which came in mind was the Rolling Stones song 'satisfaction' ... so I will share that song here.


It's a great song and I thought it was the first big hit of the Rolling Stones, but I don't know that for sure, but it is a great song.

Jane gives the following example(s) of satisfaction in her Saijiki:

satisfaction
the cooling breeze
between lovers

beaches where no one goes
their share of sand
gentle waves


Two wonderful haiku, but one of her other examples for this kigo is a bit contradictory, but as we saw in earlier posts, some specific parts of the human body may be mentioned also in haiku. So I will share another one by Jane (and I hope it will not disturb you, if so please let me know):

his penis in her
lightning strikes
very close

© Jane Reichhold

Credits: Lightning Strikes
As I re-read that third haiku ... I sense the real satisfaction as meant by Jane's summer kigo. Now it is up to you and me to write a haiku inspired on 'satisfaction'. So have fun, be inspired and share.

satisfaction
returning home from the nightshift
drinking tea

drinking tea
together with friends
on the verandah

on the verandah
cooling down after a hot night -
gentle summer breeze

gentle summer breeze
refreshes my senses -
satisfaction

© Chèvrefeuille

Well ... I hope you did like this post and I hope it will inspire you all and will give you satisfaction (smiles).

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until June 9th at noon (CET). I will post our new episode, summer solstice, later on today. Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment