Sunday, June 15, 2014

Carpe Diem #492, Nights of Summer


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Nights of Summer is our prompt for today and I think everyone of you knows what that means. A few weeks ago it was really hot here in The Netherlands and my youngest son went to a festival at the seashore . It had become to late to travel back home, so he decided to sleep on the beach. Well ... just one example of the hot summer nights, sleeping on the beach, maybe making love with your beloved one ... or just to sit down and watch the sea, listen to the waves and seagulls. Must be a great experience I think. I am not such a summer nights sleeping on the beach guy, but I can imagine that there are a lot of people who do that.

Jane Reichhold gives the following example(s) for this modern summer kigo (seasonword):

desert lake
night enters the blue
coolness

evening skies
in a high mountain lake
open to night

nights
a window
to another world


Credits: Nights of Summer
Looks very cosy don't you think so? It's a wonderful experience to gather with friends in a hot summer night around a campfire on the beach. Romance is in the air, telling eachother stories, singing songs with eachother and more like that.
My haiku inspired on this prompt are the following:

hot summer night
together with my friends -
singing on the beach

hot summer night
the sweet scent of Honeysuckle
arouses the sense

the sound of the waves
accompanies hot steamy love -
seagulls cry

© Chèvrefeuille

Credits: Love on the Beach

A nice trio I think ... all giving an image of experiencing the nights of summer. Maybe not that strong in choice of words, but I had a good feeling as I composed these. Now it's up to you my dear Haijin, visitors and travelers.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until June 18th at noon. I will try to post our new episode, canyon, later on. The episode after ''canyon'' will be another Ghost Writer post, this time I will use a post by Kuheli of Kajori.


1 comment: