Friday, June 27, 2014

Carpe Diem Tan Renga Challenge #41, ''a fallen flower'' by Moritake


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Another week has gone ... time flies ... I had a busy week, but that's no problem. Time is always on my side, sometimes ... I have lack of time, but I think everyone of us will have sometimes lack of time ... well that's life isn't it?
This week's Tan Renga Challenge is a bit different with the other weeks. This week I love to share a haiku by Arakida Moritake (1473-1549), a Japanese poet who also wrote haiku (in his time it was called haikai or hokku). I remember that the first haiku I read was a Dutch translation of a wonderful haiku written by Moritake. I think that you know this haiku, because it's a wellknown haiku.

a fallen flower
flew back to its perch
a  butterfly

© Moritake

Credits: © Shelly Osborne

It's a wonderful haiku I think and it made that I became ''hungry'' for more haiku ... well ... I am over 25 years a haiku-poet and haiku still catches me ... it's my passion (next to my work ofcourse).

The goal is to write a second stanza towards the haiku by Moritake. That second stanza has two lines with the syllables count 7-7, but as you all know ... you don't have to use that 7-7 syllables count for the second stanza, but if you would like to use it ... feel free.

Here is my attempt to complete the Tan Renga:

a fallen flower
flew back to its perch
a butterfly
                                     (Moritake)

colorful leaves swirling
through the empty streets
              (Chèvrefeuille)

A nice continuation I think, but that's up to you to say ... Now it's your turn to make this Tan Renga complete. Have fun!

This Tan Renga Challenge is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until next Friday at noon (CET).


2 comments:

  1. Wow. Just .... wow! I'd never read it before. What a stunning haiku! Your tan renga is beautiful too.

    Thank you for sharing this with us. And ... congrats on 500 posts at CDHK too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your completion works very well with this haiku.

    ReplyDelete