Monday, June 16, 2014

Carpe Diem #493, Canyon


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

First this: I have published a new episode of Carpe Diem Use That Quote at our Carpe Diem Haiku Kai Special weblog. Feel free to visit by clicking on the link HERE.

Another new and exciting prompt on Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. This month we are exploring the modern kigo (seasonwords) for summer as created by Jane Reichhold in her ''A Dictionary of Haiku''. Today our prompt will be canyon and I think it's a nice prompt and it doesn't need explanation. So let us go on straight to the examples of Jane Reichhold:

canyon walls
slip into the valley
river gravel

noon clouds
finding in the canyon
opals

wall by wall
the canyon releases blue rock
deep night sky


Credits: Grand Canyon West Rim
WOW! What a photo ... great canyon. Canyons like this we don't have here in The Netherlands, but it would be a great opportunity to once visit such a canyon ... but that's still a dream and will be a dream forever.

the sun hides behind
red colored walls of rock -
moon in the canyon

colored canyon
mysterious looking rocks
as the day ends

the murmuring river
deep down beneath my feet -
ah! that heavenly sound

© Chèvrefeuille

Awesome to write haiku about canyons which I don''t have seen in real life, I just can see them in my mind and be amazed of it's sight ... 

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until June 19th at noon (CET). I will post our new episode, the Ghost Writer post by Kuheli, later on today. For now ... have fun, be inspired and share your inspired haiku with us all.


8 comments:

  1. Wonderful series of haiku on 'canyon' ~ I took a different approach but then again I tend to 'hear a different drummer' ~ Happy Week to you ~ xoxo

    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love what you did...just beautiful!

      Delete
  2. Your enthusiasm and pasion is not just an inspiration but also a talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Canyons are lovely. I hope some day you can see the Grand Canyon in the USA. It's breathtaking

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! First of all, I love the prompt and your haiku responses - especially the second haiku, as I can really sense the growing mystery as the sun sets. :)

    Second - I stumbled across this blog and thought everyone might appreciate it.
    http://oldpondcomics.wordpress.com/
    Haiku humor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Canyons can be quite magic.. very nice... I have toured the many canyons in the US:.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely series. for someone who's never visited, you capture the canyons very well. :)

    ~x♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally visiting your site after reading so many of Bjorn's posts--we both host at dVerse. Haiku is at the top of my favorite forms. I've been lax in writing poetry as I work to self-publish my second novel and just this morning decided I need to write no matter what and decided that a daily haiku would be a good Rx for my poetic entropy. I am a retired hospice RN--isn't poetry a great balance when we work with life-determining illness? I hope to be back with some haiku soon.

    ReplyDelete