Monday, July 11, 2016

Carpe Diem Special #214 Mandarin Duck by Buson


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It is time again for a new Carpe Diem Special. As you maybe have read in the prompt-list (above in the menu) I haven't chosen a featured haiku poet, but of course I love to challenge you with a haiku from a classical or non-classical haiku poet. So for this CD Special I have chosen a beautiful haiku by Yosa Buson, maybe you know this haiku, because I used it somewhere at the start of Carpe Diem Haiku Kai back in 2012.

Mandarin Ducks

mandarin duck -
rain falls silently
from an oak


© Yosa Buson (1716-1783)

It's a beautiful haiku as Buson only could write. It's almost a sin to try to write another one in the same tone and Spirit, but I had to do it ...
Here is my haiku inspired on this beauty by Buson:

without sound
colored leaves dive into
the city park pond
© Chèvrefeuille
 
I love this haiku. I am looking forward to your responses. This CD Special is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until July 16th at noon (CET). I will (try to) publish our new episode, Hazel, later on. For now .... have fun!

 

2 comments:

  1. Carpe Diem Special # 214 Mandarin Duck:

    small ripples
    dabbing the still water
    mandarin duck

    ReplyDelete