Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Carpe Diem Tokubetsudesu #87 Back In Time "Carpe Diem's Japanese Garden"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

As I promised this month all the Tokubetsudesu episodes are special features I once brought on one of my weblogs. This week I have a very nice special feature for you. That special feature was called "Carpe Diem’s Japanese Garden”. This feature goes back to the roots of haiku and challenges you to go back to basic. The title of this feature is referring to the classic rules of haiku, but in this feature not all those classic rules have to be used, just a few of them.

Which rules you have to use here?

1. 5-7-5 syllables
2. A moment as short as the sound of a pebble thrown into water
3. A kigo
4. A deeper, spiritual meaning
5. And last, but not least, it must have a nature image

As the title already says ... it has to be something which can be seen in your garden, but in this case garden can be seen a bit broader, because you also may use an image from a park in your neighborhood or e.g. a park such as Yellowstone Park.
Here is one of my haiku (which I wrote 'back intime'  for CD's Japanese Garden:

gurgling valley stream
can't resist your lovely song -
shadow of a Carp

© Chèvrefeuille

This was the logo for this special feature

This is a very challenging feature and I like this one very much and I hope you all like the "trip along memory lane" this month.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Kristjaan my haiku inspired by the early morning sighting of a singular butterfly winging her way about our forest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carpe Diem Tokubetsudesu # 87:

    opening at dawn
    dying at dark - daylily
    midsummer's passing

    ReplyDelete