Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Carpe Diem #1402 Daffodils (one-bun)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I hope you have had a wonderful Easter. I am on the nightshift, so I haven't really had a nice Easter, because I had to sleep. I have read nicely crafted haibun in response on our first prompt this month and today I love to challenge you to create a so called "one-bun". Let me give you a short explanation of a "one-bun".

The "one-bun" is invented by Jim Kacian. The one-bun is an ultra-short haibun which has just one line of prose (including the title) and a (one-line) haiku. I will give an example of this one-bun written by Jim himself.

The light
of the most distant stars, which describes for us the size and age of the universe, won't reach us for aeons, leaving us to imagine ...

dark space the red shift of my mind
© Jim Kacian

Daffodils (painting)
The prompt for today is Daffodils. Daffodils are blooming in late winter and at the start of spring they are also commonly used in Easter bouquets and that made the Daffodil somewhat mystical. The Daffodil is asociated with new life and rebirth. Here are a few other meanings: creativity, inspiration, renewal and vitality, awareness and inner reflection, memory and forgiveness. All nice meanings that you can use in your "one-bun".

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until April 10th at noon (CEST). I will try to publish our new episode, mountains, later on. For now ... have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment