Sunday, April 22, 2018

Carpe Diem #1416 Conquest (haibun free-style)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a new episode of our Haiku Kai. This month we are writing all kinds of haibun. We all are storytellers, not only with our haibun, but also with our haiku, tanka or other form of Japanese poetry. Storytelling is in our blood so to say. Everyone can tell stories and you my dear haijin, visitors and travelers, are awesome story tellers.

I hope you all have had a nice weekend. My weekend wasn't that great, because my mom became hospitalized through her diabetes. Her bloodsugar was really disrupted, but after a few days her bloodsugar seems okay again. Godwilling she will be going home tomorrow.

Today I have a nice challenge for you I think and I hope you will like it. Today's pormpt is conquest and your task (if I can call it a task) is to write a free-style haibun themed conquest. So no rules, just fun to tell your story.

To give you a little bit of extra inspiration I love to share a wonderful piece of music by Vangelis with you. I think you all know this masterpiece. It was written for the movie 1492 about Columbus.


Well ... a wonderful piece of music and I think it will help to awaken your muse.

conquering the world
a small verse from a faraway country
the sun rises


© Chèvrefeuille

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until April 29th at noon (CEST). I will try to publish our new episode, apprentice, later on. For now ... have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment