Thursday, April 5, 2018

Carpe Diem #1405 New Life ("extreme" haibun)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Time flies if you have fun they say and I think that's true. At the start of this month I already talked a bit about "new life" as introduction to our Easter episode. I just realized today that I had another prompt "lined-up" in the same week with the same idea. But well .... it had to be that way I think.

Today I have an "extreme" challenge for you I challenge you to create a haibun extreme and that means you can use a maximum of 55 words including the haiku. Maybe this sounds crazy, but I think it can. I once created such a haibun for another website I was a regular visitor of. I love to share that haibun with you, but it's not about "new life" as is the theme for today, but it's just to give you an idea that it is possible to create such an "extreme" haibun.




A wondrous place. Trees and streets covered with snow. The bright sunlight. Roofs like crystal.
Love is warming our bodies in front of the fireplace. Drinking red wine, eating marshmallows. This is paradise. Our legs entwined. Lost in each others eyes. Together you and I.

making love
in front of the fireplace -
winter feeling

© Chèvrefeuille

This "extreme" haibun I created back in 2012. I loved creating it. It was a real challenge, because I had to use a maximum of 55 words ... as I ask of you this episode.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7:00 PM (CEST) and will remain open until April 12th at noon (CEST). I will try to publish our new weekend-meditation later on. For now ... have fun!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this wonderful challenge Kristjaan! My 55 words became tanka prose instead, I hope that is OK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "new life" theme!

    oh, very romantic haiku! great way to say good-bye to winter.

    ReplyDelete