Saturday, April 14, 2018

Carpe Diem's Romancing Haiku #1 beach


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What a nice weekend this will become I think. I was inspired and I have a new feature for you to work with. Again a feature for only haiku, as are the roots van CDHK. You all know that tanka is THE Japanese poetry form for love. Tanka we know mostly as a love poem, but I think (and I have said this often here at CDHK) that haiku can also be a love poem that's why I have created this new feature "Romancing Haiku".

For this first episode of Carpe Diem's Romancing Haiku I have chosen a theme. I think that the beach is one of the best places to find romance. And I even have written a few haiku themed beach in which I think romance was the second theme.

torn apart clothes
thrown against a beach pole
a winter's love

bare footed
wandering about the nude beach
in heart of winter

Beach Love

the sound of waves
accompanies hot steamy love -
seagulls cry

a whisper of rain
awakens me gently
morning on the beach

© Chèvrefeuille

I think really that haiku can be a love poem too. So that's were this new feature is about ... romancing haiku ...

I hope I have inspired you to create romancing haiku ... so let's go create ....

This first episode of "romancing haiku" is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until April 21st at noon (CEST). I will try to publish this new feature weekly.


No comments:

Post a Comment