Monday, April 9, 2018

Carpe Diem #1407 opportunity (haibun without rules)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a new episode of our wonderful Kai. This month it's all about haibun and today I will give you the "opportunity" to create a haibun without rules. Life is full of opportunities and everyone of us will (I think) agree with me in that. My worldwide career started several years ago. I took the opportunity to publish a first English haiku on the WWW and that haiku became renown all over the globe. I took the opportunity to deepen my knowledge about nursing as I decided to become an oncology nurse. I also took the opportunity to create Carpe Diem Haiku Kai for you and to start with my own publishing company. Opportunities ... one way or the other ... we have to take them.

Today I love to challenge you to create a haibun (without rules) themed "opportunity", maybe you have to use "senryu" instead of "haiku", but that's all up to you. Maybe you will create a haibun in which you use tanka instead of haiku. It's up to you. No rules ...

The Opportunity of a Lifetime
Create your haibun from your heart, look into your life, maybe you find an idea about how to create a haibun on opportunity ... and enjoy your inspiration and creativity.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7:00 PM (CEST) and will remain open until April 16th at noon (CEST). I will try to publish our new episode, gypsy, later on. For now ... just have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment