Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Carpe Diem #161, Taurus (Zodiac 2)



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Today we go on with our journey along the stars of the Zodiac. Today we visit Taurus (April 21st - May 21st). It's the sign of my beloved mother and maybe we will see her back in this episode of Zodiac Days of Carpe Diem.
In both astrology and historical astronomy, the zodiac (Greek: ζῳδιακός, zōidiakos) is a circle of twelve 30° divisions of celestial longitude that are centered upon the ecliptic: the apparent path of the Sun across the celestial sphere over the course of the year. The paths of the Moon and visible planets also remain close to the ecliptic, within the belt of the zodiac, which extends 8-9° north or south of the ecliptic, as measured in celestial latitude. Historically, these twelve divisions are called signs. Essentially, the zodiac is a celestial coordinate system, or more specifically an ecliptic coordinate system, which takes the ecliptic as the origin of latitude, and the position of the sun at vernal equinox as the origin of longitude.


Credits: Taurus (April 21st - May 21st)

Taurus is the sign of practicality and possessions. People born under the sign of Taurus tend to be very patient, practical and dedicated people. Such people are usually very cautious when dealing with people, life and money. They have a curious power of dominating others, even when not conscious of trying to do so.
People who were born in that time are extremely faithful, with a strong need for security and a settled routine. Although they are very earthy, they can also be highly romantic and sensitive when it comes to love.
They have great power of endurance, both physical and mental, and can pass through enormous strains of fatigue as long as the excitement or determination lasts.
They make wonderful hosts and hostesses, and have great taste about food, and in the management of their houses they can make much out of little.
They are governed by their sensations and by their loving nature, but affection has a greater hold on them than passion. Such people are also warm and sensual, with an appreciation of the fine things in life. These people are very strong-willed and often quite creative. The Moon is exalted in Taurus, giving success with matters to do with the public and, combined with the influence of Venus, a passionate nature endowed with a strong sense of loyalty and fidelity. They are kind and generous with friends, with whom they develop an unspoken rapport.
If they love, they are generous to the last degree, and will consider no sacrifice too great for the person they care for; if they are enemies, they will fight with the most determined obstinacy. But they always fight in the open, for they hate trickiness, double-dealing, or deceit.
They are also too easily misled by their emotions, sensations, or affections.
As a rule both sexes are jealous in their disposition, and their jealousy often drives them into acts of violence or sudden exhibition of temper, which they bitterly regret when the storm is over.
They are at their best are typically strong and silent, but often appear ignorant and willfully obstinate to others.
They have an innate sense of harmony, rhythm and color, and often are very successful in music, poetry and art. Those born in this sign have an ability to become the most faithful, loyal friends. They also make good, patient nurses and healers, and almost all have a keen love of gardening and flowers.

As I told you yesterday I am an 'late-Aries', so if I read these description of Taurus I can easily manage with that, because this sign's meaning is so much me, so that Astrologer which once made my Birth-chart was very good in his work and interpretations. So makes this me a Taurus? 


eye-opener
I am not an Aries
I am a Bull

I am a Bull
the stars once are right again -
I love flowers

I love flowers
so those the Bull for it's appetite -
dandelions taste well


OK ... not a strong set, but I had to write these. I hope you all are inspired and I am looking forward to your thoughts on Taurus (The Bull).
This prompt will stay on 'til April 4th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next Zodiacal sign, Gemini (The Twins), later on today around 10.00 PM (CET).





10 comments:

  1. I don't know if you have seen "The Story of Ferdinand" in Disney's version. In Sweden it's shown every Christmas Eve, and the last part of the cascade so made me think about it... Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think the movie was Zippity Doo Dah? Or maybe that was song from the movie. The first Disney movie I remember ever seeing.

      Delete
  2. I different strength maybe ... I love your cascading format ... perfection adn strength in form.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristjaan--you might want to let people know about this--Knopf Publishing is having a haiku writing contest this month which is free to enter and includes some promotion and prizes. Nothing was said about where a person had to live, so I assume it's open to people internationally. I just entered, because, who knows? I figure this is the best way to tell all of our fine Carpe Diem poets. http://aaknopf.tumblr.com/post/46507303252/the-knopf-poem-a-day-haiku-writing-contest-to

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristjaan, do you know the Disney movie with Ferdinand the Bull who loves flowers? Your haiku makes me think of that.

    Each day I try to visit all who post, but now Carpe Diem has grown and I have two other sites where I must visit links to read. Am asking others to please forgive me if I don't visit every day or visit but don't comment. I will do best I can. I always appreciate comments and know others do too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, should have read Björn's comment first. He knows Ferdinand...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of astrology info ~ great post and haiku ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved this challenge and your post, because I am a taurus. While not wanting to be a fanatic about horoscopes, some of the things they say are eerily right on.

    Funny you mentioned dandelions. We grew up eating dandelions and I still do. They are remarkably healthy and I have researched the topic and written about them too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still can't seem to be able to get my blog name to appear, so I will have to keep entering with the title of the haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zippity Doo Dah came from Song of the South. Ferdinand the Bull is a short movie
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferdinand_the_Bull_(film)

    Very good movie....

    ReplyDelete