Monday, April 15, 2013

Carpe Diem Imagination #6, Chèvrefeuille's Finally Spring



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I have spotted the first Cherry Blossom(s) today. Finally, after a long lasting Winter, Spring has arrived at The Netherlands. It's worth a celebration ... so I had to post another Carpe Diem's Imagination episode today. Come on celebrate Spring and the first Cherry Blossom(s) with me. This afternoon I photographed the first Cherry Blossom of the old Cherry Tree in the backyard, a real Sakura.







I have waited a long time for these fragile Cherry Blossoms. Every day I went outside and watched my Cherry Tree ... and now ... finally Spring has arrived.


finally Spring
after waiting a long time
first Cherry Blossoms


first Cherry Blossoms
blooming on barren  branches
finally Spring



Also another wonderful bush in my backyard has started to bloom. The old Rhododendron has his first blossoms. Awesome ... I had to make a photo of this wonder.




Ah! What a joyful day
the old bastard has bloomed
pink Rhododendron


pink Rhodondendron
as old as the world blooms again
Ah! What a joyful day



Well ... what do you think? Maybe these haiku and the photos will inspire you to write your own haiku on 'finally Spring'.

This episode of Carpe Diem's Imagination will stay on 'till Aprill 22th 11.59 AM (CET). Have fun.






8 comments:

  1. isn't it wonderful to finally see the blossom, such a relief that spring might finally spring

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed these haiku and the photos--great sets. Spring, finally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nice prompt, I can do while still having a jetlag. I've seen the cherry blossom already past their prime in Kyoto and Tokyo. Nevertheless it had been a grand view.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blossoms are just beginning to open here! Finally!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Its been spring for awhile where I'm at so its nice to see that its made it your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our cherry blossoms were opening up today. Perfect timing for this prompt for me too! Very exciting seeing all the new growth wake up from dormancy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey I'm having a tough time - I switched my posts by mistake - I put mountains under finally spring and vice versa... oops sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your celebration of spring's arrival based on your observations.
    I'm afraid my offering is more a reflection of what I'm watching than it is your prompt :)

    ReplyDelete