Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Carpe Diem Special #31, Chèvrefeuille's 'the scent of Autumn'



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

A little break in our Journey along the Zodiac with a Carpe Diem Special written by myself (my pseudonym for haiku composing is by the way 'Chèvrefeuille', which means 'Honeysuckle'.). Why these Specials written by me this month? Well ... I love sharing my haiku, but this month is a month of celebration. I will become 50 yrs and this month I write haiku 25 yrs, so it's a jubilee for me and I love to celebrate that with you all my dear friends.

I have chosen the next haiku, because it's one of my masterpieces I think (how immodest) and I am looking forward to what this haiku will bring you all for inspiration and I am looking forward to all of your nice posts.


Credits: Autumn on the Heath (PS. this website is in Dutch)

Maybe this photo will help your inspiration. Have fun, be inpsired and share your haiku with Carpe Diem.


aki no kaori hiisu no ue ni mangetsuno hikarino nakawo aruku (*)

walking on the heath
in the light of the full moon
the scent of autumn



(*) translated by Romaji.Me

I love to share a special form of haiku with you all. Somewhere at the start of last November I published a Carpe Diem Preview about troiku and I love to share here a troiku with you inspired on the Special haiku of this episode.


The Sleigh: 

walking on the heath
in the light of the full moon
the scent of autumn



Horse 1:

walking on the heath
feeling one with a Shepherd
in contact with God


(Inspired on the Shepherd boy in The Alchemist of Paulo Coelho)


Horse 2:

in the light of the full moon
laying down in the meadow
the River of Heaven
(*)


(*) the Milky Way


Horse 3:

the scent of autumn
feelings of departure and loneliness
tears in the puddle



This prompt will stay on 'til April 12th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next episode, Sagittarius (The Archer), later on today around 10.00 PM (CET).






7 comments:

  1. I think you are right--your haiku today is masterful. Autumn is my favorite season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a masterpiece and the troiku is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps it's so nice to be back, the zodiac signs just aren't quite doing it for me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kristjaan, your wonderful words helped me release a little more of my recent Dementia Journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is lovely Kristjaan
    and a month worth of celebratory joy is good for the spirit

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are a lovely trio of soul-menders

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a lot of work on this post...thank you...very helpful.
    Peace
    Siggi

    ReplyDelete