Sunday, April 28, 2013

Carpe Diem Special #34, Chèvrefeuille's 'under the willow'.



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Another Special episode of Carpe Diem. It's the last Special of this month in which I celebrated my 50th birthday, my 22th wedding anniversary and 25th anniversary as a haiku poet. So today I share my Special haiku for the last time this month. Next month I will introduce to you Kyoshi Takahama (1874-1958), another haiku master, but that's for May 2013.

The haiku which I love to share with you is the following:

such a hot day
my shadow needs to cool down
under the willow


under the willow

It's a haiku which I published in 2011 on my 'home-weblog' Chèvrefeuille's Haiku-blog it was inspired on a haiku by Matsuo Basho, 'my haiku-master'. That haiku of Basho was:

essential to life
the little space under my hat
enjoying the coolness

(c) Basho (1676)

In this haiku by Basho the 'hat' is a 'kasa' (see image). Someone with such a 'kasa' on his head has always a little shadow at least enough to protect the eyes against bright sunlight.


A 'kasa'

Well ... as I did in every Special I will try to compose another haiku in the same tone as the one I gave above.


another hot day
wandering around on the heath
no shadow at all

hot Summer day
people seeking for coolness
at the seaside


Hm ... I like these ... I enjoyed the Special sharings for this month, I am glad that you all could write new haiku inspired on the ones I gave in these Carpe Diem Specials. So I hope that this last Special with a haiku written by myself will inspire you all to write new haiku.
This prompt will stay on 'til April 30th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our last episode for this month of Carpe Diem, Honey (provided by KZ), later on today around 10.00 PM (CET).







5 comments:

  1. Wonderful inspirational haiku today Kristjaan, I think it might be my favourite you've had. And your inspirational ones were close to the one I wrote. Happy end of weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. another brilliant inspirational haiku! it's very beautiful. the idea of giving value to that tiny space.. this is my favorite as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your writing and images are wonderful inspiration. I took it in a slightly different direction but hope you will understand. I stayed true to the cool and shade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, I liked that image of one's shadow needed to cool down - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like these. I wrote about heat this intense.

    ReplyDelete