Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Carpe Diem #237, Intolerance


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Paulo Coelho, the author of "Manuscript found in Accra", is a worldwide wellknown author and I am a big fan of him. As I read his first novel "The Alchemist" I was sold ... really a wonderful novel full of spirituality. In his latest novel "Manuscript found in Accra" he describes a wise young man who is answering all questions on life on the day before the city in which he lives and the people live will be attacked. In the novel this city is Jerusalem and it tells us in wonderful words how the people of Jerusalem are anxious to know how their life will look after the attack of The Moors ... all very spiritual questions and the wise young man gives wonderful answers.
"Manuscript found in Accra" is very similar with the novels of Kahlil Gibran e.g. The Prophet, but in a very different and vivacious way Paulo Coelho's "Manuscript" touched me deeper. All our prompts are chosen from this "Manuscript" written by Paulo Coelho.


Credits: Intolerance/devotion

Today our prompt is Intolerance, which means "lack of willingness to tolerate" and synonyms for it are e.g. dogmatism, injustice, devotion, passion and impatience. Words where one can work with don't you think? And to make your inspiration flow I love to share a wonderful video which I found on You Tube, The title of this music piece is "devotion" and it's performed by Ratnabali.




changing thoughts
in strong devotion I lay my heart -
passionate priest

passionate priest
fights against intolerance
justice is done

justice is done
the Savior saved the World
thoughts changed


Not an easy way to write haiku, because with this prompt I had some difficulties to find the right words, but I think I succeeded. Not a strong one, but ... well I like this cascading haiku on 'intolerance'.
I hope you are inspired. Share your haiku with us all. This prompt will stay on 'til July 4th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next episode, affection, later on around 8.00 PM (CET).
!! The Linking widget is open for submissions on "intolerance" at 8.00 PM (CET) (July 2th) !!



2 comments:

  1. Here are some more synonyms:

    bigotry, favoritism, hatred, inequity, injustice, intolerance, partiality, prejudice, unfairness, wrong

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems you're challenging us all this month Kristjaan. Great fun!

    ReplyDelete