Thursday, July 18, 2013

Carpe Diem #249, compassion



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers.\,

First I have to say "I am sorry", because I am hopelessly behind with commenting on all your posts, but I hope to catch up next Saturday. I have read already several entries, without commenting, and what I have read is wonderful.
Today our prompt is Compassion, with compassion the first thing which I think about is Buddha. I see his eyes in front of me and I feel how his compassionate eyes are touching me deep. Compassion ... a wonderful emotion, which we see to less in the world of today. Maybe ... maybe there will be a time, far in the future, that every living thing on Earth will be compassionate. I hope ... this will become true.


Credits: Buddha

full of compassion
the Buddha looks into the world
with sad eyes

with sad eyes
I look around in my world
dreaming of better times


This prompt will stay on 'til July 20th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next episode, Credibility, later on around 8.00 PM (CET) !! compassion is now open for submissions !!




8 comments:

  1. Kris - you don't owe anyone any apologies! Your hard work preparing these posts is more than enough! Your first poem is very moving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sad word indeed we live in.. just sad.. and being behind in commenting is nothing to be ashamed for. You provide all the wonderful prompts and introduction.
    When reading other haiku I reflected on something.. and actually the harder the prompt the better the haiku I read. Somehow to me it proves that great haiku can only be written if we think enough on it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The prompts are getting harder and harder--for me, at least!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristjaan, no need to apologize. You are working a different shift and do such important work helping others. We are fine until you have more time. We appreciate that you put the prompt up. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have re-linked my Dharma haiku set as it seemed so appropriate for this prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. something I believe we can never have too much of

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kris, you are marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No apologies needed...I don't know how you have the time to work, be with your family and keep up with the prompts. Appreciate all you do.
    Peace
    Siggi

    ReplyDelete