Saturday, July 6, 2013

Carpe Diem #239, curiosity


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I hope you liked our new Tan Renga, which I started yesterday. And I hope to read all wonderful 'free-style' poetry in our new feature "Carpe Diem's Freestyle". Today I have another nice prompt for you all and I (have to again) apologize for the late posting of this new episode of Carpe Diem's daily haiku meme. I am in the nighshift and it's not possible for me to post our new episodes right on time.
OK ... back to our new episode. Today we share haiku on Curiosity, which means "intense desire to know, understand". And synonyms for curiosity are e.g. concern, miracle and monster (freaks).  It will not be an easy prompt to write haiku about, but ... it's a challenge of course to write haiku with this or about this prompt.

A Miracle, A Curiosity?

driven by the waves
squids entering the seashore
leaving their prints

shining sea
mysterious play of moon and algae -
not a curiosity

miracles happen
every day again flowers bloom
birds sing their song


I hope you enjoyed the read and the haiku. And I hope you are inspired to write your own haiku. This prompt will stay on 'til July 7th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next episode, Joy, (I hope) around 8.00 PM (CET) today.
The Linking Widget is now open for submissions on curiosity.


5 comments:

  1. what a lovely message for such an intriguing photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a creative combination of photo and poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this prompt... but had just a little time.. Finally catching up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you want to see mine, late though it is, I am at: http://purplepeninportland.wordpress.com/2013/07/08/curiosity/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a stunner, Chev! So lovely.

    ReplyDelete