Sunday, July 28, 2013

Carpe Diem Special #49, Jane Reichhold's "Winter Solstice"



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Today is a bit sad, because today we have our last Special haiku by Jane Reichhold. I have chosen two wonderful haiku written by her, both are of winter and if you like you may use them both for your inspiration, feel free ...

It was really a joy to share haiku of Jane Reichhold with you all and it was fun to prepare these Special episodes. If you would like to read more haiku written by Jane Reichhold then you can visit her website at: AHA-poetry a rich source for inspiration and knowledge about haiku and tanka. For sure worth a visit. As Jane has granted me permission to use all of her haiku, maybe I will prepare a few Special Haiku episodes with haiku of her hand.

I wish to thank Jane Reichhold for her love and will dedicate this episode to her. She is a wonderful haiku poetess and I am thankful for all her wonderful haiku which I have shared with you all here on Carpe Diem.
Thank you Jane for your love and the opportunity to use your haiku with my haiku community here on Carpe Diem.

Jane Reichhold
OK ... we will go on with the haiku which I already shared in our yesterday post.

winter solstice
warmth of friends
return the sun

(c) Jane Reichhold


deep snow
the horse walks the paths
of summer

(c) Jane Reichhold

A nice set I think, wonderful haiku written by Jane and I think these two can be inspiring. So I invite you to share your haiku in the same sense and tone as the ones by Jane. Have fun, be inspired and share your haiku with our haiku-community.

I love to share here my attempt to write a new haiku in the same sense, tone and Spirit as Jane Reichhold's.

waiting for the light
a mid winter evening -
the full moon rises

snow is falling
covers the bare meadows -
waiting for young shoots

Well ... with this attempt to write in Jane's sense, tone and Spirit I end the Carpe Diem Specials of July. In our next month I will introduce haiku written by Takarai Kikaku (1661-1707, also known as Enomoto Kikaku) one of Basho's leading disciples.

This Special episode will stay on 'till July 30th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next episode, Euphoria, later on today around 8.00 PM (CET). PS. I am because of circumstances a bit behind with commenting on all your wonderful posts. Forgive me please I hope to catch up.
!! This Special episode is now open for submissions !!




4 comments:

  1. Reading such great haiku right now, amidst an especially hot and steamy weather here, is, to say the least, strange. But very refreshing and they are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this considered two seasons? Or one is the main season with the other implied? I wrote the wisteria vine clinging to autumn...deadwood by spring. Two blatant seasons. Is that the difference?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mostly it's not common to use two seasons in one haiku, but in the ones by Jane (and the second haiku written by myself) you cn read easily two seasons, but it's more referring to a second season. If the second season only is referred to, without mention it, than it's no problem. By the way, Basho once said "learn the rules, but forget them immediately" and that's so true. Because I you forget the rules the haiku will be written more from the heart and not from the mind.

      Delete
  3. My thoughts exactly!

    ReplyDelete