Monday, July 1, 2013

Carpe Diem #236, Fortitude



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I am happy and so glad that the prompts for July are so inspiring to write haiku. At first, when I was preparing this month's prompt-list, I thought this will be difficult and maybe there will be less submissions, but  it did work out. I have read wonderful haiku on Otiosity yesterday and I hope to read again beautiful haiku on todays prompt Fortitude.
Fortitude ... what does it mean? Are there other words to describe Fortitude? Well ... let us look at those questions. I have sought on the Internet for the meaning and found the next meaning: "strength of mind, guts" and I also found synonyms for Fortitude e.g. courage, endurance, patience, harmony, peace of mind, serenity and tranquility. Maybe this will help you to write haiku on Fortitude. (At least it helps me, because, as you know, English isn't my maiden tongue).


Credits: Tranquility

Awesome ... what a nice photo and so in tune with our haiku community. A wonderful Japanese Garden at Portland ... it's all soothing and tranquility in this garden. In tune with my mind and haiku, our shared passion.


finding peace of mind
the soothing sound of rippling water
the rustling of leaves

the rustling of leaves
strengthens my tired mind
that's fortitude

that's fortitude
deep inner peace, the beating of my heart,
the music of life

the music of life
caught in the rippling stream -
finding peace of mind


I am a big fan of New Age music. I love to share the following music video by Karunesh, one of the most wellknown New Age artists I know. I once had the opportunity to interview him for another website of mine. His music I discovered several years ago and from that moment on I am a fan, a big fan. The video hereafter is called: "Layers of tranquility", listen to his music, sit back and relax. His music I use on a regular base to meditate and contemplate. And sometimes when I can't get to sleep his music helps me a lot.




With this wonderful music of Karunesh I end this episode of Carpe Diem. I hope you did like the read and enjoyed the music. Be inspired and share your haiku with our haiku-community Carpe Diem, the place to be if you like writing and sharing haiku. Spread the word! (smiles)

This prompt will stay on 'til July 3rd 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next episode, Intolerance, later on today around 9.00 PM (CET). !!! The linking widget for fortitude is open for submission around 8.00 PM (CET) today (July 1st).

Namaste.



7 comments:

  1. Beautiful music, great background again - quite stunning really.
    Thanks for the wonderful haiku. I think English really is not too much of a problem for you! Maybe we should all communicate in Frysk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great introduction into today's topic. If you like to know, why I'm rushing home, please read this: http://rheumatologe.blogspot.de/2013/07/how-it-came-to-pass-that-i-had-been.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great background and haiku... Still busy, and I have a huge backlog to read.... but I will get back to you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know fortitude meant such peaceful words. I identify it with strength and endurance. But it got me to the beauty you write of in your cascade. Thank you for these wonderful prompts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great post Kristjaan and a new musical experience as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The month of prompts should be fantastic. Thanks Kristjaan for looking for such interesting and inspiring prompts for each month.
    your haiku are beautiful, held together with a note

    ReplyDelete