Saturday, July 13, 2013

Carpe Diem #245, Listening


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Another day in haiku paradise Carpe Diem. Today we share haiku on Listening and I think that speaks for itself. So no big post, just a nice video to listen at and maybe be inspired by.





A wonderful music video by Karunesh. In our next month of Carpe Diem all the prompts are musical videos by Karunesh. So a different way to write and share haiku with Carpe Diem.


sweet silence -
listen to the sound of rain
on bamboo leaves


I hope you like the music and I hope that by listening to this video you're inspired to share your haiku. This prompt will stay on 'til July 15th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our new episode, Inspiration, later on today around 8.00 PM (CET). !! Listening ... is open for submission at 8.00 PM (CET) !!



11 comments:

  1. This poem resonates with me - listening to rain is one of the sweetest, most calming meditations for me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were early Wabi Sabi, I hadn't seen the vid myself. It's more for our next month so I have changed it. Hope you like the new one too.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful work yet again.. the pitter-patter of the rain is always resplendent. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you haiku today and the listening is an awesome prompt. need to think about this ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great theme and great haiku!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A question. I think I'm going mad. Do you or does anyone else recall anything about haiku where the first and third lines should be able to be interchanged without changing the meaning? I can't find it now and swear that's how I learned the 5-7-5...not the Nahaiwrimo way. Help please. I understand better the form now which should improve my haiku, but I had to have seen that specific rule somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good day Maggie, to give answer on your question. Interchanging the first and third line is one of the classical rules. So you're right. However in the Western world that's not always the rule. Hope that this answered your question.

      Namaste

      Delete
    2. I am not familiar with that rule. But then again, I don't know where cascade haiku came from either. I have yet to see a cascade haiku in any published haiku journal (Frog Pond and the others).

      If you like that approach, try it out and see if you like it.

      Delete
  6. I really like your haiku today. Rain is one of my favorite sounds, and it sounds different depending on the surface it hits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. An excellent Haiku today Kristjaan. Quite masterful :)

    ReplyDelete