Friday, July 5, 2013

Carpe Diem's Tan Renga Challenge #5, Basho's famous 'the old pond'.



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Another new episode of Carpe Diem's Tan Renga Challenge is on. This week I have chosen for a haiku which is very well known all over the world even by non-haiku-poets. This week I have Basho's famous 'the old pond' as first stanza of our Tan Renga.
The goal of this Tan Renga Challenge is to write the second stanza (7-7, but don't count them strict) of the Tan Renga.
Copy and paste the first stanza into your post and complete the Tan Renga with your second stanza inspired and associated on the first stanza.




First stanza:

the old pond
a frog jumps in -
the sound of water

Second stanza:

????????????????
????????????????

Enjoy the fun and make this Tan Renga complete with your second stanza. Here is my completion:


the old pond
a frog jumps in -
the sound of water                                           (Matsuo Basho, 1644-1694)

raindrops falling on bamboo
the silence of the night deepens                         (Chèvrefeuille, your host)


This episode of our Tan Renga Challenge will stay on 'till July 12th 11.59 AM (CET) and around that time I will post our Tan Renga Challenge. Be inspired and share your completion of the Tan Renga with Carpe Diem.

Namaste



6 comments:

  1. I have never attempted this form before and it was fun to try it. I want to do some more research on Tan Renga when I have a few moments! Thanks for expanding my horizons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great completion... Kristjaan mine was perhaps a little bit renku.. But I hope Basho won't come back and haunt me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't consider myself a poet, but I was taken by this challenge. First time for everything, right? I enjoyed trying it and I enjoyed reading your version and the others.

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't done one of these in awhile. I hope my offering is worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tranquil addition ~~

    ReplyDelete