Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Carpe Diem #253, Reflection


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Another hot day here, but it seems that we will have thunderstorms tonight ... well we will see. Today we share haiku on Reflection a wonderful prompt I think. Reflecting water, mirrors, but also reflecting spiritual and personal. Looking inside your own heart, mind and body. So I think this prompt will inspire you to write wonderful haiku.


Reflection

inner beauty
revealed in the mirror -
smiling Narcissus


smiling Narcissus
'you're a beauty Lotus', he says
'but I am gorgeous'


in front of the mirror
I open my young eyes -
an old grey man


unconditional
love is the strongest power
reflecting Self



Well ... I hope you liked the read. This prompt will stay on 'til July 25th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will (try to) post our next episode later on today around 8.00 PM (CET). That will be Enthousiasm. !! Reflection is now open for submissions !!




7 comments:

  1. Your third haiku is perfect. I tried to do something along those lines and gave up. You nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love the image you selected and the haiku you have posted. You are not narcissistic but compassionate, talented and sensitive. Your words are inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will have to do this tomorrow if head will let me. So dizzy since late afternoon :( Will catch up on comments asap. Hate when I can't do the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely prompt that I interpreted rather broadly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your third one inspired mine :) Kristjaan, I was wondering if you could plan something in the future for one of the shorter forms of haiku...like one line...or a thought not expressed as 5-7-5. You always explain and demonstrate so I understand. A few months from now is fine. I know you plan ahead. Just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liked this prompt...so many ways to go
    Thanks
    Peace
    Siggi

    ReplyDelete