Monday, July 15, 2013

Carpe Diem #247, Willpower


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It's a sunny day here in the Lowlands of The Netherlands, almost 25 degrees Celsius and a little breeze. We (my wife and I) are busy in the backyard. After a year or ten we finally decided what to do with it. We now have a garden full of blossoming flowers and to pieces of grass fields. Of course a Buddha in it too, because I am a bit of a Buddhist and I would like to have one in my garden. So several days ago my wife gave me one as a present.
Buddha to me is the fullfillment of Willpower Siddhartha being a prince choose to be one with his people and through Willpower, our prompt for today, he succeeded in his goal to become enlightend. He is for sure Enlightened and mybe we all, including myself, will once be Enlightened being to.


Credits: Mountain Buddha

Look at his face ... the Mountain Buddha full of compassion became a god through willpower. We also can be gods by Willpower. Seek deep in your heart and find the peace and silence which is so common for Buddha. We all have a part of Buddha deep inside us ... through Willpower we can become Enlightened.


full of compassion
he sought for the deeper truth
through willpower

through willpower
we all can be enlightened beings
full of compassion


Sorry as this looks like a sermon. That wasn't my goal for this episode. Siddhartha Gauthama, the Buddha, came in mind at first as I was preparing this episode. I admire him, because he, a prince, became one with his people through the power of his will. He was really a strong Spirit and nowadays we can feel, see, hear, smell and touch him everywhere around us.




What a nice piece of Meditative Music, I hope you enjoyed it. This prompt will stay on 'til July 17 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our next Special episode by Jane Reichhold later on today around 8.00 PM (CET). I will give her inspirational haiku for our next Special hereafter. !! Willpower will be open for submissions at 8.00 PM (CET) !!


sweeping the porch
bright prints of raindrops
followed by splashes



5 comments:

  1. A challenge to do willpower... but a likeable one. Love your Buddhist onees

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a stinker...will power no longer one of my strongest suites !
    But a good prompt...thanks.
    Peace
    Siggi

    ReplyDelete
  3. really liked what this prompted
    sorry I am not only late but have been absent
    and yet the haiku continue to flow
    thanks for your commitment

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a great prompt
    have missed being able to express in haiku over the last couple weeks

    ReplyDelete
  5. really liked what this prompted
    sorry I am not only late but have been absent
    and yet the haiku continue to flow
    thanks for your commitment

    ReplyDelete