Friday, July 19, 2013

Carpe Diem #250, Credibility


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Today is a joyful day ... today we have reached a new milestone ... this is our 250th prompt of Carpe Diem. I am proud, very proud, because as I started this daily haiku meme I couldn't have dreamed that I would reach a 250th episode, but we did. And you all, my dear haijin, visitors and travelers, I have to thank there fore, because without you I hadn't reached this new milestone.
As I was preparing our prompt list for July I wasn't aware of this new milestone ... if I had been aware of it I had chosen another prompt for today, but ... well maybe Credibility can also be a festive prompt.
Today I had my grandsons to visit at our home, because we had to baby-sit. With the oldest boys I made a tour on the bike and we sat down at the seashore to wacht the boats passing. It was a clear day and very hot, so at the horizon you could already see that there would be a thunderstorm. As I realized that I had to write a haiku ...


at the horizon
a thunderstorm is rising -
hot summer day


This of course has nothing to do with credibility, but I loved sharing it with you all. I was really a wonderful day here in The Netherlands ... a real summer's day. I had to share this (c) video by Cheryl Crow, it's one of her songs, titled 'Summerday'.




Because I am not so familiar with this word credibility I have sought for the meaning. The meaning is believeableness and I found a few synonyms e.g. chance, likelihood and reliability. I hope I can write a new haiku with this prompt.


'look granddad', he said
with his hands width open
'I caught a fish'.

'I caught a fish!'
my grandson laughs and shows me
a gold carp


Not a strong set on credibility, but in a way I had to share this with you. Well ... I hope that this prompt will bring you all enough inspiration to write and share your haiku with Carpe Diem (CD). This prompt will stay on 'til July 21th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our new episode, Mystical, later on today around 8.00 PM (CET) (I hope). By the Way: I have published our new prompt-list for August. !! credibility is open for submissions at 8.00 PM (CET) !!




9 comments:

  1. Is it OK if we write haiku that have nothing to do with credibility? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem MMT share one of your wonderful haiku. Feel free.

      Delete
    2. a haiku that has nothing to do with credibility?

      Wow, unbelievable! :P

      Delete
    3. I can't believe you asked that

      no -- wait . . .

      JzB

      Delete
  2. credibility was a great challenge to write about... not an easy word

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful haiku, Kristjaan..
    And congrats for the 250th... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 250 -- the duration of the blog gives it some credibility, too, along with all the wonderful haijin here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on breaking 250, Kristjaan. Here's to many more thoughtful prompts and days spent with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is Saturday in the USA so that is my haiku ~ Day late for you ~ Lovely haiku as always and thanks for hosting ~

    ReplyDelete