Monday, July 22, 2013

Carpe Diem Special #48, Jane Reichhold's "riversong"



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Suffering from a heatwave here, but I have to post another episode on our haiku-community. Today another nice haiku by Jane Reichhold for our 4th Carpe Diem Special of July. I have used 'til now haiku by Jane for New Year, Spring and Summer so now Autumn is at hand. Our Special haiku today is the next one:

riversong

wind blown from autumn trees
a stream of gold


The goal of the Specials is to try to write a new haiku inspired on the given one and in the same sense, tone and Spirit of the given haiku.

As I read this haiku I first thought of Flatley's 'Riverdance', so I love to share a You Tube video of "Riverdance".




I hope you enjoyed this video and I hope that it inspires you all to write a new haiku in the same Spirit as the one by Jane Reichhold. Have fun and be inspired.
My attempt:


golden leaves
dance through the village
on Autumn's wind

on Autumn's wind
accompanied by heavy rain
golden leaves dance


This Special will stay on 'til July 24th 11.59 AM (CET) and I hope to post our new episode of Carpe Diem, Reflection, later on today around 8.00 PM (CET). !! "riversong" is open for submissions at 8.00 PM (CET) !!






1 comment: