Thursday, July 25, 2013

Carpe Diem #255, Intuition


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I hope that you liked the new 'Little Ones' feature which I published earlier today and that it maybe is worth to prepare a new 'Little Ones' episode already. It's still very warm (hot) here in The Netherlands and the dryness grows further and further. As I started preparing this episode of Carpe Diem I was at work. I am in the nightshift and it's a quiet shift, my colleague and I have done all the things we have to do in the nightshift and now we had some time to go surfing on the Internet.

Today we share haiku on Intuition, but what is intuition? I have sought the Internet and found the following definition of intuition:
Intuition is the ability to acquire knowledge without inference and/or the use of reason. "The word 'intuition' comes from the Latin word 'intueri' which is usually translated as 'to look inside' or 'to contemplate'. Intuition provides us with beliefs that we cannot justify in every case. For this reason, it has been the subject of study in psychology, as well as a topic of interest in the supernatural. The "right brain" is popularly associated with intuitive processes such as aesthetic abilities. Some scientists have contended that intuition is associated with innovation in scientific discovery. Intuition is also a common subject of New Age writings.




This videoclip is (C) by sourcevibrations.com look for more of this wonderful kind of music on their website by clicking on the link.

This is a nice piece of music in which the Intuition can be growing, at least that's the purpose of this music and I think it works very well. This music makes you stronger in mind and more aware of you secret abilities as e.g. intuition and healing.

Well ... intuition ... it's a mysterious 'thing', but if you can used it well then it helps you to understand the world around you.

she just sits there
looking into nowhere land
getting Insight

getting Insight
strong internal energy builds
intuition gained


Not a strong set, but I think it will not be easy to write haiku, senryu, tanka of kyoka on Intuition. Another attempt.

cherry blossom blooms
following her intuition
she shares her fruit




I like this haiku ... it's more in the tradition of the classical poets and this haiku I like very much. It's a joy to host Carpe Diem for you all and it's even a greater joy to share haiku with you all.
This episode of Carpe Diem will be open for submissions 'till July27th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our new episode, Confrontation, later on today around 8.00 PM (CET) !! Intuition is open for submissions at 8.00 PM (CET) !!




3 comments:

  1. I love your haiku on intuition. I find it difficult to place such qualities on nature. Trees seem to have a knowing though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you admit that "intuition" is a difficult prompt, Kristjaan, because I'm sitting this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your haiku here are just sublime Kristjaan. Interesting prompt too, and great background to it.

    ReplyDelete