Thursday, October 2, 2014

Carpe Diem #574 Fire



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

As you all could read yesterday Jane has provided us with a first episode of "Ask Jane ...", and I hope that you have enjoyed, and especially Hamish Gunn, her article. I am still excited that Jane does this for our Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. It's really a honor to have her here at CDHK as a co-host.

As you all know we celebrate our second anniversary this month and during this month we will look back to the past years of CDHK. Today our prompt is fire and I had this prompt in November 2012. I remember that I was still a bit insecure about CDHK. Did I make the right decision to host a daily haiku meme? Will it be a success? Deep inside I always have known that it will be a success and as I look now what CDHK has become ... than I am grateful and proud to be your host. CDHK is alive and kicking and that I have to thank you all for.
Carpe Diem Haiku Kai Logo November 2012
In this 'reprise'-month we now have fire as prompt and as I was preparing this episode I was listening to the radio ... and 'Fire' by The Pointer Sisters was played. Could that be a coincidence? I don't think so. It must have been a 'sign' from the Cosmos. Therefore I love to share that song here. When I was a young guy I was a big fan of 'The Pointer Sisters' and 'Fire' was one of my favorite songs.


Ah! This song brings great memories back to my youth. I was discovering the world and myself. I than wasn't a haiku-poet and I had no idea about what I would become. And ... I had certainly never heard of haiku ... Nowadays as a haiku-poet I cannot understand that haiku came along in 1988 and not earlier ... This little poem from Japanese origin is just an awesome way to say what you feel, an awesome way to be part of the nature that is around us ... haiku is ... a tribute to all nature has to give us, a tribute to us being a part of nature ...

she ... the full moon
sets my heart on fire
behind the curtain


© Chèvrefeuille

at the seashore
the horizon starts burning
clouds on fire

© Yozakura

It really was a joy to create this re-prise episode and I hope it will inspire you to write an all new haiku. This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until October 5th at noon (CET). I will (try to) post our next episode, Spearflower (December 2012), later on. For now ... have fun!

5 comments:

  1. I like the Pointer Sisters and your haiku.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristjaan - that was incredibly touching what you wrote, about when you were deciding whether to start CDHK or not.
    I cannot imagine what life would be like without CDHK! I will tell you a little secret - you and all of us of course...there I was, in the CT scanner recently, telling the nurses about you and worrying about missing my daily haiku. It has been a difficult few days, but I am back writing now...of course I have to go back to being the Pirate I was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I just noticed we put the same song - written by Bruce Springsteen. Great minds...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Haiku is on fire! thank you for the reminder of the good ol' days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you hung in despite your questioning if this was a good idea or not...wow! I feel so lucky to have found this creative and amazing family. You are an amazing mentor and facilitator, Kristjaan. Merci bien pour tout ce que vous fates pour nous, it is clear that it is a labour of love.

    ReplyDelete