Sunday, October 5, 2014

Carpe Diem #576, Blues (January 2013)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

We are going on with our trip along "Memory Lane" as we enter the history of Carpe Diem Haiku Kai January 2013. That month was of course exciting, because I had to go on with all new ideas and prompts to make Carpe Diem Haiku Kai a great weblog ... hoping that haiku would become more known and of course I had to go on to make it better ... January 2013 had a few "musical" prompts and Blues was one of them.

I am a big fan of Blues and I shared in that episode a nice Gary Moore song. You can visit that episode by clicking HERE and listen to that wonderful song ...

A few days ago The Netherlands had a kind of memorial celebration for a wonderful singer who died 10 years ago. I remember that he was also "mad" of the Blues and he had several songs (in Dutch) who sounded like the Blues.

Carpe Diem Logo January 2013

Today I think I don't share another piece of music here, but I like to share a few haiku which were inspired on the Blues.

swaying in the wind
Halloween decorations on the verandah -
pumpkin smiles

a lonely ride
along the long stretched beach _
only the waves

© Chèvrefeuille

I hope you did like this episode. This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until October 8th at noon (CET). I will publish our next episode, Castle (February 2013), later on. For now .... have fun!


3 comments:

  1. I know my writing seems to be in a stuck place regarding content. It is me processing that place of transition. Hopefully we'll all see me move on from this focus in the not too distant future. Thank you for allowing me to share as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 'ride along the beach' haiku ~ well composed ~ Happy Week!

    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the thought of blues again.. I took it to a little fiction story this time.

    ReplyDelete