Sunday, October 12, 2014

Carpe Diem #581, Hanabi (Fireworks) June 2013 reprise


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Our trip along memory-lane is continuing with a classical kigo for summer, Hanabi, which means "fireworks". In June 2013 all our prompts were classical kigo (seasonwords) for summer as used by the classical haiku-poets. It's always fun to do research for those classical kigo and than I am so glad we have Internet.



This is a song by Minnie Riperton "down back memory lane" and I like this song ... it fits our second anniversary month so well. (I first had another video, but that turned out to be a commercial so I deleted it)

As you maybe know Japan is a country were they love to celebrate a lot ... through the year there are at least 100.000 festivals to celebrate and almost every festival has its own Hanabi (Fireworks). It was really a joy to do the research for this episode back in 2013 and it brought me a lot of fun. You can find that episode HERE ...

We celebrate our second anniversary this month and believe me Carpe Diem Haiku Kai is at itself all Fireworks. It's great to be your host and I am glad that you all like CDHK as much as I do making it. Thank you all for being a family-member of Carpe Diem Haiku Family. Without your inspiration I couldn't make CDHK.
Thank You
against the dark sky
colorful flowers and suns -
another festival

© Chèvrefeuille

And now it's up to you to compose an all new haiku. Have fun!

This episode will be open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until October 15th at noon (CET). I will try to post our next episode, Inner Beauty (July 2013), later on. !! Tomorrow we will have our Time Glass Challenge ... !!


1 comment: