Sunday, October 19, 2014

Carpe Diem #586, River Stones (November 2013) reprise


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

As we are going further on our memory lane along all the months of the last two years we have now arrived at November 2013. In that month we had all Tan Renga Challenges for prompt. It was a very busy month for me, but I enjoyed it a lot.
The episode to which this prompt for today refers was published on November 4th 2013 and it was a haiku written by Becca Givens to which we had to write a second stanza to complete the Tan Renga.

Logo Carpe Diem's Tan Renga Month November 2013

Here is my attempt than to make it into a Tan Renga:

river stones
caressed by flowing water
pale moon shines
                                        (Becca Givens)


the sound of a waterfall
makes the night more silent                        (Chèvrefeuille)



As I look back at that month I feel overwhelmed by pride and happiness, because contributors than are still contributors now ... so I think we really have become a family of haiku poets. At least I am feeling that we are a family.

For this episode you may choose if you write/compose a new haiku in response of the prompt "river stones" or to write a second stanza (again) towards the haiku by Becca. I have chosen to write another second stanza towards the haiku ... and here it is:

river stones
caressed by flowing water
pale moon shines
                                                       (Becca Givens)


behind a thin veil of clouds
she, the one I love, smiles at me                                (Chèvrefeuille)

Well ... it's a joy to make CDHK for you all and I thank you all for being part of this haiku family.



This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until October 22nd at noon (CET). I will publish our new episode, Sacred Earth (December 2013), later on. For now ... have fun!
!! Tomorrow I will publish a new Carpe Diem Time Glass episode too, in which you have to write a haiku within 12 hours !!

5 comments:

  1. I wanted to thank each of you for the wonderful two years in this haiku community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I enjoyed this and smiling I was thinking what I do most days when I wake up, now that I have fixed my email settings...Carpe Diem est mon petit dejeuner tous les matin...opening up my mind to the beauty of nature and life. Haiku seems to do that. Merci pour tous vos efforts!! We ARE a family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you.This is a wonderful poetry site

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Chèvre, for your gracious hosting of this family reunion / anniversary celebration!

    ReplyDelete