Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Carpe Diem's "Real Renga", an introduction and a proposal


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Just a few minutes ago, I was sitting in the frontyard contemplating about Carpe Diem Haiku Kai, I heard beads falling. My neighbor's granddaughter had broken her bead-necklace. She was crying her heart out. Her grandmother (my neighbor) tried to comfort her and said: "Don't be sad sweety. We will repair your bead-necklace together. First granny will do a bead and than you will do a bead". The little girl laughed and clapped in her hands. "Yeah! Granny we are going to make my bead-necklace together!"
This sweet (and sad) scene brought an idea into my mind for our Haiku Kai. I love to introduce it and propose to you all if we will do this. It's just an idea, so let me know what you think about it.

Credits: The Great Chain

This is the idea. I will make pairs of haijin, for example Georgia and Jen, and I will give you all a 'hokku' (starting verse of a renga) to start a "Real Renga" with. The pairs of haijin, in this example Georgia and Jen, have to compose a renga together by taking turns to write a stanza for the renga. The renga has to become a chain of at least eight (8) stanza and at the most sixteen (16) stanza. The one who writes the 'ageku' (closing verse with a reference to the hokku) of the renga links the renga to Carpe Diem's "Real Renga"- feature.
I think this will be fun and it makes us more a haiku family.

What do you think of this "Real Renga" idea? Let me know ... and maybe we can start a.s.a.p. with this new feature.

Namaste,

Chèvrefeuille, your host.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun, Kristjaan!! We do try to do this from time to time and it is such a beautiful conneciton...to do this here would be like a "real" party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! This is exciting - I'm all for it! :D
    As they say here in the States, "send me in, Coach! I'm ready!" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I participated in a couple of "renga parties" about a year ago. They were a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds fantastic! Ready to start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be a wallflower, and enjoy the party from the sidelines. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have some one send me a specific piece to write on when the time comes and then I can participate. But I can't second guess where to fit in.

    I think after the initial post, maybe you could list who is participating and what position you want them to post. You might have to post the additions daily or e-mail to the participants and then post the whole thing when it is completed. That way people aren't posting all over one another. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. With the lack of expertise at this time, I will join MMT on the sidelines. Looking forward to the beauty of the poetry you create!

    ReplyDelete